A field staff engineer stands near the bottom of a steep precipice, looking intently at their tablet they hold in front of them. With a few taps on the screen, there is a light whirring sound and a drone with multiple spinning rotors slowly approaches the ground in front of the engineer and lands with […]
In 2016, the OSU president as part of the Marine Science Initiative Program announced that they were bringing on a team to design a groundbreaking research facility to withstand a magnitude 9.0 earthquake and tsunami. A first for the engineering community and model for the industry, the building demonstrates how a multi-disciplinary team of university […]
Through an on-call contract with the Port of Vancouver USA, GRI conducted a pavement evaluation at Terminal 2 to develop rehabilitation and reconstruction recommendations for approximately 6.5 acres of asphalt pavement. The pavement rehabilitation analysis was conducted to estimate the structural strengthening requirements based on the existing pavement structural capacity, the subgrade support conditions, and […]
- 2022 National Engineers Week
- GRI’s Drone Technology Takes Off
- Oregon State University Marine Studies Initiative Building Wins ACEC Project of the Year
- Port of Vancouver Terminal 2 Pavement Rehabilitiation Wins ACEC Honors Award
- Dr. Tadesse Meskele Accepted to the EERI’s 2020 Class of Housner Fellows!