If you are a new MS graduate making your first career move or an experienced professional looking to move forward in your career, consider GRI. We’re always looking for individuals who enjoy using their education, experience, and creativity in response to clients’ needs.
GRI is an employee-owned company and offers support with career advancement through continued education and membership in professional associations.
We believe our work environment, company culture, and talents are improved when we recognize the value of employee, client, and community diversity. We strive to have a work environment that allows each person to elevate their personal abilities and skills through a cooperative team environment.
The GRI team of professionals offers a challenging, growth-oriented career environment. If any of the above describes or interests you, we invite your inquiry at email@example.com.
GRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GRI is committed to working with minority, disadvantaged, and emerging businesses in our community. We are proud of our history of working closely with traditionally underutilized firms and assisting in their growth through technical and managerial mentoring. As part of our efforts to maximize participation from local minority- and women-owned firms, we encourage those interested in subcontracting opportunities with us to contact one of our principals or submit your qualifications via email.
WE ARE HIRING!
Senior Accountant / Controller
GRI is seeking Senior Accountant/Controller in our Beaverton, Oregon office location.
GRI is a professional engineering consulting firm that specializes in a variety of geotechnical, pavement, geologic and environmental services in Oregon and Washington. Over the past 35 years, our staff and facilities have increased with managed growth to over 50 employees and three offices company wide. We look forward to continued expansion by hiring bright, skilled, energetic people to continue providing excellent service to our clients.
As a key member of the Management Team, the Senior Accountant/Controller will report to the Board of Directors and assume a strategic role in the overall management of accounting processes. The Controller is responsible for the oversight of the accounting staff and their primary functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, project accounting and related entity accounting operations. S/he is accountable for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information, analyzing financial data, monitoring project/contract profitability, and managing the daily activities of the accounting department.
Essential Duties & Core Responsibilities:
- Maintain an efficient department, with necessary check and balance controls, and ensure that staff is competent and growing in skill and knowledge.
- Participate with the Board and Management Team in establishing financial objectives, operational plans, strategic plans, and policies. This includes development of additional reporting to support Management objectives, as needed.
- Develop internal accounting controls to safeguard assets and ensure validity of financial reporting.
- Complete state agency financial audits, familiarity with FAR is essential.
- Ensure compliance of accounting records with government requirements in that segment of business. Assure the full communication, understanding, and adherence to financial operating policies and procedures at staff and departmental levels.
- Assist in maintaining the firm’s relationships with professional services providers such as corporate CPA firm, bankers, independent auditors, insurance agents, plan administrators, and vendors.
- Responsible for the management of: payroll, 401K administration, and corporate tax reporting.
- Oversee compliance with all local and state tax reporting entities in locations the company has presence. This includes property tax reporting and sales and corporate tax registrations and reporting.
- Manage and produce the annual budget and ongoing forecasts, based on directives from the Management Team. Monitor and analyze actual financial performance compared to financial budgets.
- Recommend, maintain and calculate benchmarks against which to measure the performance of the company – both traditional and industry-specific metrics.
- Communicate monthly operating results and their effect on the financial aspects of the firm.
- Work closely with project managers and project accounting to assure proper revenue recognition and prompt collection of accounts receivable.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the accounting and time-keeping system, chart of accounts, accounting records and ensuring transactions comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage annual financial review, 401k audit, and any other audits with outside accounting firm, providing documentation and oversight of year-end financial statements.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the month/quarter/year end close process, daily cash management, and all related department functions.
- Act as a resource to management with regard to financial matters.
- Support corporate transactions including equity or debt financing on an as needed basis.
- Assist the Board in the administration of an employee bonus plan, including annual and quarterly bonuses.
- Work closely with the HR Manager for the employee benefit plans. This includes annual review with third party broker of each plan as well as monitoring third-party 401k administration, in particular form 5500 reporting.
- Work closely with the Management Team and Board to maintain and enhance the usage of the accounting information system (Deltek Ajera).
- Prepare and present annual performance reviews for all accounting staff.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Be a team-oriented professional with high degree of self-motivation, strong communication, and drive who likes to work with and help others.
- Have an excitement for the role that creates a desire to set the bar high and then jump even higher.
- Possess a willingness to ask “what if” and then work with the team to make it happen.
- Actively utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible financial leadership roles in the Architecture/Engineering Industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Expert in Deltek Ajera, or similar Deltek systems, with at least 10 years of experience in enterprise level financial and project management software
- Proficient in MS Office, with excellent Excel skills.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Harmony Miller, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are required. Thank you.