GRI is seeking a senior level Geotechnical Engineer for our Portland/Vancouver metro area office. GRI is a professional engineering consulting firm that specializes in a variety of geotechnical, pavement, geologic and environmental services in Oregon and Washington.
For the past 36 years, GRI has offered its professional staff the opportunity to work on a wide variety of interesting projects across the Pacific Northwest region. We are proud of our deeply experienced, dedicated, and highly qualified technical and professional staff. We offer an environment of professional encouragement, teamwork and fun, and provide our employees with an excellent compensation and benefits package. GRI is an employee-owned firm with opportunities for ownership.
As a Senior level Geotechnical Engineer at GRI, this position will be responsible for:
- Performing geotechnical engineering for major civil works, including earthquake engineering, deep and shallow foundation support, retaining structures, earth embankments, levees/dams, waterfront and marine structures, landslides/slope stability, and ground improvement with a focus on public sector work.
- Senior technical review and project management for engineering, deliverables, schedule, and invoices.
- Management and mentoring of junior geotechnical engineering staff.
- Report writing and review.
- Oversight of and direction for laboratory testing of soil and rock.
- Developing scopes of work and budget estimates.
- Helping manage geotechnical construction observation.
- Business development and marketing efforts focused on transportation, water & environment, energy and federal market sectors.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Be a team-oriented professional with high degree of self-motivation and drive who likes to work with, and help, others.
- Actively utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a demonstrable record of advanced technical report writing skill and ability.
- Possess a proven business development acumen.
- Master’s Degree in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering
- At least 10 years of full-time consulting experience
- Professional Engineering license in Oregon, Washington, or California
Please send your resume and cover letter to Harmony Miller, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.