GRI is seeking a senior to associate level Geological Engineer or Engineering Geologist in our Portland/Vancouver metro area office. GRI is a professional engineering consulting firm that specializes in a variety of geotechnical, pavement, geologic and environmental services in Oregon and Washington.
For the past 36 years, GRI has offered its professional staff the opportunity to work on a wide variety of interesting projects across the Pacific Northwest region. We are proud of our deeply experienced, dedicated, and highly qualified technical and professional staff. We offer an environment of professional encouragement, teamwork and fun, and provide our employees with an excellent compensation and benefits package. GRI is an employee-owned firm with opportunities for ownership.
As a Geological Engineer / Engineering Geologist at GRI, this position will be responsible for:
- Performing engineering geology/geological engineering for major civil works including landslides/slope stability, rockfall mitigation, rock mechanics, blasting, retaining structures, earth embankments, levees/dams, and tunnels.
- Senior technical review and project management for engineering, deliverables, schedule, and invoices.
- Management and mentoring of junior geological engineering staff.
- Report writing and review.
- Oversight of and direction for laboratory testing of soil and rock.
- Developing scopes of work and budget estimates.
- Helping manage geotechnical construction observation.
- Business development and marketing efforts focused on transportation, water & environment, energy and federal market sectors.
Successful Candidates Will:
- Be a team-oriented professional with high degree of self-motivation and drive who likes to work with, and help, others.
- Actively utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have a demonstrable record of advanced technical report writing skill and ability.
- Possess a proven business development acumen.
- Master’s Degree in Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology
- 10-15 years of full-time consulting experience
- Professional Engineering and/or Certified Engineering Geologist license in Oregon, Washington, or California (or ability to obtain licensure)
Please send your resume and cover letter to Harmony Miller, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.