GRI is seeking a geotechnical engineer with 5-10 years of experience to join our team as a Project Engineer. As a Project Engineer at GRI, you will gain experience working on a variety of interesting assignments under the mentorship of senior and principal engineers, while building your project management skills.
General responsibilities include:
- Project management including field work, engineering, deliverables, schedule, and invoices;
- Mentoring of junior staff;
- Geotechnical engineering for major civil works including earthquake engineering, deep and shallow foundation support, retaining structures, earth embankments, levees/dams, waterfront/marine structures, landslides/slope stability, ground improvement;
- Write and review geotechnical reports;
- Oversee laboratory testing of soil and rock;
- Develop geotechnical scopes of work and budget estimates.
- Occasional field investigations and construction observation.
GRI prides itself in providing both innovative and constructable solutions, and as such, requires our engineers to have substantial experience in the field with both explorations and geotechnical related construction. A commitment to excellence and can-do attitude is essential. GRI offers the opportunity to learn and grow alongside deeply experienced, dedicated, and highly qualified colleagues in a professional environment. Your development is supported by the entire firm. We believe in encouragement, teamwork, and fun. GRI is proud to be 100% employee owned. Our project roster and clients are diverse. We look forward to continued success and growth by hiring bright, skilled, energetic people to continue providing excellent service to our clients.
- 5-10 years of geotechnical engineering experience
- BSCE / MSCE (Geotechnical option) is preferred
- PE required
- Valid driver’s license
GRI is a professional engineering consulting firm that specializes in a variety of geotechnical, pavement, geologic and environmental services with three offices in Oregon and Washington. Our projects truly make a difference in our communities; we support both private and public clients on a range of services.
GRI offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive salary, generous PTO accrual, paid holidays, 401K with immediate company contribution, medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, eligibility for annual bonuses, and continuing education and training reimbursement programs.
We would love to hear from you! To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or recruiter contact, please.
GRI EEO/ADA Statement
GRI is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for this position, including minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates. We do not discriminate against any candidate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, disability, or military status. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations to the application process if needed.